Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Track it!

Career
In one of the books that I read awhile back, it suggested that I track my time at work.  I started doing this about six months ago.  I expected to find how much time I spent making marketing calls, sitting in meetings, and working on administrative chores.  In truth, I found out that it drove me to be more efficient and get many more things accomplished.

You see, sometimes I sit there trying to figure out what I should do next and waste a great deal of time.  However, as soon as I write down what I just did, I immediately start looking for the next item to work on without worrying so much about if this is what I should accomplish next.

Along with this exercise, I have my daily "to-do" list ready as well as five bigger items that need my attention.  One last thing, blocking time for certain projects helps as well.

If you can track it, you can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment