Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tick tock, Tick Tock

All Goals


It is such a cliche' that even the mere discussion of time is a cliche' in of its' self.  Rich or poor, black or white, we all are given the same 24 hours in a day.  Time and death are the great equalizers.  Maybe that is why we hold time in such high esteem, or do we?  Many times we just let it waste away like it's water flowing between our fingers.  We think, "Oh well, there's always more and besides, it doesn't cost anything." However, it costs everything.

One of my goals for this year was not in what I wanted to accomplish, but what I didn't want to do anymore - "wasting time on the Internet."  Not wasting time is always on my mind when I'm surfing.  Most of the time I look for something that I'm researching and that's it.  Then, there are other times.  You know the ones, "I'll just click on this interesting article."  Then it happens, you are swallowed up in a vortex of endless information that is more fascinating than the last piece.  On and on and on it goes - "What was I searching for?" Alright, I admit it, these times happen more often than I care to admit.

The Internet is a great tool.  I remember the other day telling my wife that I could not imagine not having this at my disposal.   I'm glad that we have it, but with everything, there are good and bad uses.

Hey wait a minute, that looks interesting.....click.



Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day | Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way | Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town | Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Pink Floyd



No comments:

Post a Comment