Saturday, July 7, 2012

What a Nice Guy

Career
Goal: Be a nice guy



A Facebook status from one of my friends:  


Best line I've heard in a while from an attorney in my office discussing an out of town Judge who shall remain nameless: "I could deal with him if he was a competent a**hole. I could even deal if he was a incompetent nice guy. I cannot, however, deal with an incompetent a**hole. . ."




"He's a great guy."  "Yea, he's nice guy."  "I know her, she's really nice."  The other day I heard a variation of this phrase two times then I read my friend's Facebook status.  I stood there after reading this and remembered what I just heard that morning then it dawned on me, being nice really will take you far in this life. I believe this so much in fact, that  I am convinced that being nice with average to a little above average smarts will take you to the top in your career.

In my own career, I think there have been many times that being a nice guy has made up for a mistake or two.  I'm sure you can think of times in your own life where a simple "Awe shucks" alleviated any misdemeanor.

Maybe it's not so much being nice, but humble.  Well, isn't that nice....


No comments:

Post a Comment