Saturday, August 27, 2011

Three Guys Out

Long Term Goals


A couple of weeks ago I went out with two friends from my church.  It was a great time of Brazilian fare, good beer, and great camaraderie.  As it is with men my age the talk always transitions from current events to work to ideas.

This night was no different.  By the end of the night we were swapping ideas and dreaming of developing products that would make life easier for folks.  As I explained in a previous post, my wife gets to hear all about my crazy ideas. Therefore, it was good to know that there are others like myself that have this creative gene in their DNA.

As a result of this night, I have really focused on this pursuit. The benefits will be; to create a product that will help people, be somewhat revolutionary, and to provide for me and my family another income stream.  To aid me in this endeavor I researched book and found a book that might be able to help, One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work by Stephen Key.  This is a very interesting book that walks a budding inventor through the process of licensing their product or idea. Thus far it has been very informative and not some kind of "get rich quick" scheme.

As I right this entry I can see my inventor's log book justing waiting for me to add plans and prototypes.  This is one long term goal that is starting to develop. 

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting, Joe! I look forward to hearing more about this product :)
    My roommate and I are like that, too, by the way. We always love to talk about our "million dollar ideas" (but we never get around to implementing them, though haha)!

    ReplyDelete